Last weekend I made a French Toast Bake for a bridal shower brunch. I love this recipe because it is so easy (Fia could do this by herself), economical (most expensive ingredient was the Texas Toast at $2), & oh-so-delicious! The best part is that it is made the day before so there is no fuss on the day you consume it….perfect for a Sunday afternoon or brunch. This food post will be step-by-step as I take you through the entire recipe with me…as I like to make my own tweeks & people get mad at me for not telling them EXACTLY what I did. *My additions to the recipe will be in red*
Before I begin….I must note that I was making a double batch (two 9 x 13 pans) so the pictures have double the ingredients. The recipe listed below is for 1 pan (9 x 13). Happy eating!!
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup
Does this French toast freeze well?
Where do I find a “loaf” of Texas toast? I have only seen it in a box in my grocery’s freezer section.
I made the French toast-it was delicious!
I will try some of these recipes.
Looks delicious… Think it would work to make half of the recipe?
So the bottom layer gets butter and sugar layer and the top layer doesn’t 🤔 where’s the cinnamon..doesn’t everyone use cinnamon in French toast?