Lovers of lemon desserts, this one is for you! The Magic Lemon Cobbler is so fun and easy to make. A tender buttermilk pie with a sweet and sour lemon pie filling. This dessert is so fresh and perfect with a large spoonful of ice cream or whipped cream.
MAGIC LEMON PIE
This wonderful shoemaker is truly magical! Simply pour the dough into a baking dish with melted butter, add the pie filling on top and while baking, the lemon pie filling and pie change places as if by magic. Such a fun dessert!
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon zest, about 2 lemons
1 can of lemon pie filling
½ cup of lemon curdled milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
3. Pour the butter into a 9×9 baking dish.
4. Make sure that the butter is evenly distributed.
5. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon zest.
6. Whisk until well blended.
7. Pour buttermilk paste evenly into buttered baking dish.
8. Spread the paste lightly over the entire baking dish.
9. In a small bowl, add lemon pie filling and dried lemon, stirring to combine.
10. Pour the lemon mixture over the buttermilk dough. Do not stir.
11. Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and let stand.
13. Garnish with powdered sugar or icing if desired.