Lovers of lemon desserts, this one is for you! The Magic Lemon Cobbler is so fun and easy to make. A tender buttermilk pie with a sweet and sour lemon pie filling. This dessert is so fresh and perfect with a large spoonful of ice cream or whipped cream.
MAGIC LEMON PIE
This wonderful shoemaker is truly magical! Simply pour the dough into a baking dish with melted butter, add the pie filling on top and while baking, the lemon pie filling and pie change places as if by magic. Such a fun dessert!
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon zest, about 2 lemons
1 can of lemon pie filling
½ cup of lemon curdled milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
3. Pour the butter into a 9×9 baking dish.
4. Make sure that the butter is evenly distributed.
5. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon zest.
6. Whisk until well blended.
7. Pour buttermilk paste evenly into buttered baking dish.
8. Spread the paste lightly over the entire baking dish.
9. In a small bowl, add lemon pie filling and dried lemon, stirring to combine.
10. Pour the lemon mixture over the buttermilk dough. Do not stir.
11. Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and let stand.
13. Garnish with powdered sugar or icing if desired.
The ingredients called for “½ cup of lemon curdled milk” When is that added and also what is dried lemon and when is that added?
what is lemon curdled milk and dried lemon<<<< Please answer
What is lemon curdled milk??
Lemon curdled mils us the buttermilk substitute. 2 tables lemon juice the add enough milk to total 1/2 cup
This did not explain the recipe very well with the lemon curd milk. So does the recipe need buttermilk and the lemon curdle milk? 1 1/2 up or milk toral?
Was going to try this recipe but, I’m like everyone else what is curdled milk? I know that is how to make buttermilk if you don’t have any. But what is dried lemon?? What a waste of time!!
Ingredients are not the same between the post and then the recipe. What is buttermilk paste? Is that what your calling the dough base .. this looks so good, but this is a very incomplete recipe.
My analysis: The buttermilk paste is the dough base. Dried lemon means the lemon zest. The recipe calls for 1 cup butter milk and 1/2 cup milk curdled with lemon juice, or a total of 1 1/2 cup liquid. I would add the 1 cup of buttermilk to the dry ingredients and see if that is sufficient liquid to make a good base. If it is too dry then add the additional 1/2 cup of curdled milk.
I love lemon desserts so I am going to give it a try.