All I can say is that it was a huge hit with my guys at the dinner table. I made it a couple of weeks ago and they are already requesting it again. The prep time seems like a lot but that is basically baking the potatoes and frying the bacon. This step can be done the day before.
-i would love if you could revise the recipe to say how you baked your potatoes. i know there are various ways you can bake it, & if i’m following the rest of your recipe i would like to know how you first started it just so i can ensure it’s going to matThanks for the recipe. I was going to make something like this for Easter buffet at sons. It’s nice to have an actual recipe to follow tho…sounds great & Just what I needed!ch up with yours in the end.
-Thank you for sharing this one Sue! It’s nearly a duplicate of my mom’s and one I’ve made for literally decades since it’s so simple AND delicious. Two time-savers: Cube and boil your potatoes with skins on and use fully-cooked microwave bacon (heat per instructions, drain on paper towels, then chop – I use kitchen shears for this)
– shape has little effect on taste and it’s not really possible to cut the blob that is a potato into exact cubes. Don’t let that worry you. They may have been softer than you expected because they were cooked too long or just because of the variety and water content of the potato itself. Different kinds of potatoes end up having different textures no matter how you cook them. A lot of the time, it’s all up to personal preference which potato works best for what. A recipe like this one can stand lots of personal variations and still be delicious.
Cook time: 20 Min Prep time: 1 Hr Serves: 6-8
7 medium red potatoes – baked
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 c sour cream
2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onion, sliced
1. Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
2. Sprinkle with half the salt,pepper and bacon.
3. Top with half the sour cream and then the cheeses. Repeat layers.
4. Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with the sliced onion.